I participated in the Stevenson Blood Drive in February. This blood drive was specifically for leukemia research. I wanted to donate my blood so I could give back to people who have no control over their lives. My grandma suffered from leukemia, so it is something very close to my heart. I enjoyed knowing that my blood would help someone recover.
I also participated in Project Dance on Saturday, April 17th from 5pm to 10pm. In order to be part of this dance we needed to raise at least $50. I went around my neighborhood and asked people to donate to a great cause, the Riverside Foundation. I ended up raising about $70 for the Riverside Foundation. The dance was a great celebration for donating all that money to the Riverside Foundation. Having some of the members show really showed how much they appreciated it. It felt great knowing that we were able to put smiles on their faces as well remove some of their worries.
No comments:
Post a Comment